Video therapy has been proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy
Video therapy online is often referred to as “telehealth”- Due to the growing safety and health concerns due to coronavirus, all of our therapists are offering telehealth sessions via our HIPAA compliant secure Zoom link.
All of our services can be provided via telehealth including EMDR.
How do I request a telehealth appointment? –
To book a telehealth session:
- Request a session by clicking here.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive intake forms through Docusign to the email you provided.
- Download the software for your appointment if needed. We use Zoom and you will receive an invite link. If you will be using a mobile device, we recommend downloading the Zoom app.
Keep in mind this important information about telehealth
- It is important to be in a quiet place with limited interruptions for my telehealth session.
- I understand that due to the nature of this type of therapy, there may be technical difficulties. Part of preparing for telehealth sessions is to discuss a plan if the session gets interrupted due to internet connectivity issues.
- The same confidentiality protections and limits apply as in person sessions. The same rules regarding my records apply as they would to an in-person session.
- I agree not to record telehealth sessions and my provider agrees to not record as well.
- My provider will discuss with me if they feel telehealth is no longer appropriate and help me coordinate in-person care.