Rhonda Kildea, MA, MFT, CEDS, LADC
I graduated with a Masters Degree in Counseling and Educational Psychology from the University of Nevada-Reno. I am licensed in Nevada as a Marriage and Family Therapist and an Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
I have experience working in an inpatient facility for women struggling with eating disorders as well as 20 years experience in mental health.
I have a passion for supervising and teaching compassionate and driven students and interns to become skilled clinicians.
My therapeutic approach: The two words that best describe my approach is trauma informed. I passionately believe that people are doing the very best that they can with what they have. If we approach everyone from this perspective, our lives are better off. Once we are able to release the trauma that has burdened us, we can learn new skills and approaches to change our lives.
- BS in Health Sciences from University of Nevada, Reno
- MA in Counseling from University of Nevada, Reno
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – State of Nevada Board of Marriage and Family Therapist Examiners (License Number: 0961)
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor: State of Nevada Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors (License # 00311)
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor Supervisor- (License #: 0074)
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, with the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- AAMFT and IAEDP Approved Supervisor
- EMDR Certified Clinician with EMDRIA
- EMDR Consultant with EMDRIA and HAP approved Consultant and Facilitator
- Certified Daring Waytm Facilitator, the work of Brené Brown